Location: Orland Park
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Brookdale Orland Park is a GREAT place to further your career.
- Brookdale Orland Park offers assisted living and memory care so
our residents can age in place. We have good tenure in our care
staff and families are pleased with the care their loved ones
- We have a tenured leadership team dedicated to the success of
the residents and staff. -
- Brookdale Orland Park is located conveniently on the main road
with high visibility to potential residents and their families. Our
memory care was completely renovated recently and our assisted
living shows well. We are known for having spacious, comfortable
apartments that are well maintained Perks Available to Our
Associates - We believe that in order to best serve our residents
and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do
that is through our benefits. Whether it's with a 401(k) or an
insurance health plan, we want to make sure you feel appreciated,
and that your work is valued. Full-time and part-time associates
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with matching contribution -
Brookdale will make a matching contribution equal to 25% of your
elective deferrals each Plan year quarter. Brookdale will not match
your elective deferrals in excess of 4% of your Compensation each
Plan Year quarter.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program - Be able to purchase Brookdale
stock at a discounted rate through payroll deduction.
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit - Save pre-tax money to pay for
parking and transportation costs getting to and from work.
- Associate Compassion Fund - Nonprofit fund for associates,
funded by associates.
- Associate Discounts - Including: Senior Living & Personalized
Living, AT&T, Perks at Work, Dignity Memorial, FedEx, Ford, GE,
Hotelogical, Nestle, Staples, Ticket Monster Perks, Verizon. Full
time associates also enjoy additional benefits:
- Extensive Insurance Plans -- Including medical, dental, vision,
short-term and long-term disability, and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit - Get reimbursed for certain expenses related
to the adoption of a child.
- Tuition Reimbursement - Get reimbursed for eligible expenses
for qualifying undergraduate studies tuition as well as for prep
courses for licensures, certifications and CEUs. -Make Lives Better
Including Your Own. The happiness of those we serve is dependent on
the happiness of our associates, so you'll receive competitive
compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed
to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet
rewarding. But you'll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy
opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs
catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs.
Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the
chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself. Veterans,
transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses
are encouraged to apply. Please note, Brookdale has adopted a
policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical
conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state
laws and regulations. Responsibilities Responsible for setting
objectives and delivering results that have direct impact on the
results within the area. Oversees the day-to-day operations of a
mid-size community. Oversees a revenue of up to $25 Million.
- Responsible for all operations, acting as contact for all
staff, residents, prospects, community organizations, government
agencies and the public.
- Supervises, directs, and motivates staff.
- Maintains high degree of resident satisfaction and retention
through consistent delivery of high quality services. Provides
leadership for staff and residents to include pro-actively solving
problems and resolving issues. Administers annual resident
- Executes renewal program with existing residents through a
- Develops annual operating and capital budgets. Aggressively
anticipates and minimizes negative budget variances and deficits.
Meets and exceeds budget occupancy goals for the property.
Continually explores means of revenue enhancement and expense
- Hires, trains, disciplines and terminates associates in
accordance with company policies. Reviews hires, promotions,
disciplinary actions and termination of employment of associates
ensuring consistency in the selection and retention of quality
- Ensures buildings, grounds and property are up to company
standards through the oversight of preventative maintenance systems
and programs, and frequent inspections that meet company standards
- Maintains current departmental policies, procedures, and
licenses in accordance with company, Federal, State, and local
- Fosters creativity among staff to deliver the highest quality
and best services to residents in the most economical manner
possible. Responsible for creating and maintaining an atmosphere of
stability where the personal dignity of residents is supported.
Acts as a member of Resident Counsel.
- Develops and maintains a positive image with community. Becomes
active in social and civic affairs of the local community.
Represents the facility and the company to governmental agencies,
professional organizations, community groups and other appropriate
- Utilizes sales and marketing activities and strategies to
- Assists in developing and conducting service plan reviews, as
required by state codes, with appropriate resident care team
members and resident families.
- Oversees the resident admission process to assure required
documentation is completed in a timely manner and in accordance
with established policies and procedures.
- Oversees the healthcare management of all residents in
accordance with company policy and state regulations. Oversees the
adherence to company policy regarding administration of medication.
Assists nursing personnel in staff training and ensures frequent
audits are performed on medication sheets. This job description
represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above
referenced position. It is not intended to represent a
comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform
all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor. Qualifications
Education and ExperienceBachelor's Degree in Healthcare,
Gerontology, Business or other related field required. Minimum of
three to five years related experience required; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Certifications, Licenses,
and Other Special RequirementsMust have a valid administrator
license in states where required. Must have a valid driver license
and access to a private vehicle for business use. California
communities require three years of experience, completion of
approved certification program, and completion of 20 CEU hours per
year related to aging and/or administration. Properties in Indiana
are licensed residential care facilities. The directors need to be
licensed by the state of Indiana as a health facilities
administrator. If administrators/executive directors are licensed
in another state, application for provisional license must be
submitted by Brookdale Senior Living, Inc. Management/Decision
MakingUses strong analytic skills and an in-depth understanding of
the organization and the business in order to handle arising
problems and issues. Responsible for the overall direction,
coordination, and evaluation of resident care, marketing, food
service, housekeeping and maintenance units. Carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's
policies and applicable laws. Knowledge and SkillsHas an advanced
knowledge of the organization, industry, and a functional
discipline. Extensive understanding of technical areas gained
through experience and used to complete and/or oversee assignments.
Familiarity with Microsoft software preferred. Excellent written
and oral communications skills are essential. Ability to prioritize
and effectively manage multiple tasks is essential. Ability to
delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on their
skills, roles, and interests. Demonstrates good judgment, strong
problem solving and decision making skills. Physical Demands and
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Requires Travel: Occasionally Brookdale is an equal opportunity
employer and a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Brookdale, Orland Park , Executive Director, Accounting, Auditing , Orland Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!