Company: Edwards Realty Company
Location: Orland Park
Posted on: June 20, 2022
The ideal candidate will be responsible for all operational and
financial aspects of assigned properties including budget control
and maintenance requests. You will act as the manager and supervise
all relevant personnel. -Position Overview
- Develops, gains consensus for, and implements the Management
Plan for assigned assets.
- Works with QuickBooks and AppFolio to manage the accounting
process. Oversees the development and revision of written
accounting procedures for the office.
- Reviews account aging reports to ascertain status of
collections and balances outstanding and to evaluate effectiveness
of current collection policies and procedures.
- Inspects facilities and equipment to determine extent of
service and equipment required.
- Recommends, justifies, develops, and coordinates projects that
enhance the value of the assets.
- Works with facilities maintenance to assign employees to duties
such as maintenance, repair, or renovation and obtains bids for
additional work from outside contractors, pursuant to client and
Edwards Realty Company guidelines.
- Works with property engineer to ensure that emergency
evacuation procedures are kept updated and life safety systems are
- Prioritize day-to-day operations and provide direction to
facilities maintenance staff.
- Participates in the review of lease proposals and lease
- Assembles and analyzes contract bids, and submits bids,
recommendations, and standard form contract agreement to President
- Supports contract administration processes, including drafting
contracts, scopes of work, following up with vendors, and preparing
mandated contract package documents for review and signature.
- Prepare and/or review the annual jurisdictional forms and
filings as required. (i.e. Income & Expense, Real Estate Tax
payments, Property Tax fillings, etc.
- Prepares the final budget documentation (i.e., explanatory
- Plans and administers budget for the office building(s).
Oversees achieving annual budgeted revenue, operating and capital
expenses. Ensures timely and accurate reporting (monthly and
- Prepares and/or reviews adjustments to tenant billing
- Reviews and approves all accounts payable, ensuring accurate
general ledger coding and property allocations.
- Maintains role as primary/secondary contact for tenants
relative to tenant service requests. Proactively meets with tenant
representatives on scheduled basis.
- Oversees communication and management of the tenant
- Prepares and/or reviews financial statements and reports on
status of properties such as occupancy rates and dates of
expiration of leases.
- Prepares and/or reviews periodic inventory of building contents
and property condition.
- Develops and implements a tenant retention program.
- Establishes written goals and objectives for employees directly
reporting to the role of general manager. Conducts periodic formal
and informal performance evaluations. Develops training program and
career path for property employees. Assures succession
planning.Highly Desirable Attributes
- Read, analyze, and interpret legal documents (lease documents,
claims of lien, etc.), general business periodicals, professional
journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Produce well-written reports, business correspondence and
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from
senior level management, clients, customers, peers, and the general
- Ability to analyze, interpret and explain financial statements
and calculate dollar and percentage variances.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Takes accountability for solving problems.
- Ability to write and speak clearly and succinctly in a variety
of communication settings and styles, able to project confidence
and professional expertise.
- Strategic thinker with strong implementation orientation.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office/Suite, QuickBooks,
AppFolio, Yardi, and any other software program or piece of
technology identified as standard for Edwards Realty
- 3+ years of commercial real estate or property management
experience including budget preparation/financial reporting,
familiarity with building systems, lease negotiation,
documentation, and administration.
- Associates or bachelor's degree. An advanced degree is strongly
- Must be able to obtain the required real estate license within
the jurisdiction within the first six months of employment.
Keywords: Edwards Realty Company, Orland Park , Property Manager, Executive , Orland Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!