Assistant Manager in Training
Company: JC LICHT LLC
Location: Orland Park
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Description:Want to be a part of the most AUDACIOUS and
radically EXCELLENT Paint & Decorating Retailer in the Country
where you can earn an overall compensation between $55-75K and
unlimited career growth opportunities? Join our amazing team where
you are not only a part of growing company but also a family! The
JC Licht family where everyone is equally important.We're JC Licht,
and we've been giving expert advice and assistance to those looking
to breathe new life into their Chicagoland homes since 1907. Our
customers are also our neighbors and friends, and they trust us to
share our expertise and provide them with superior products and
outstanding service. JC Licht service professionals are trained in
our extensive line of products and are skilled home-project experts
who can help you every step of the way.J.C. Licht founded in 1907,
is a full-service paint and decorating retail destination featuring
Benjamin Moore Products. We presently have 57 locations in the
greater Chicago area. There are exciting opportunities for growth
throughout this region.We are currently looking for passionate and
dedicated individuals to join our Store Management team throughout
all of our 57 stores in Chicagoland and Wisconsin. If you are
looking for a work environment that encourages personal growth,
responsibility and a shared vision for providing incredible
customer service, then JC Licht wants you!Summary: The primary
responsibly of Store Management is to monitor operations and
profitability of the store and provide support to the store as
required.Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.Human Resources:
- Active involvement in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of
store team members.
- Must ensure that all store employees have a working knowledge
of various products. When necessary, develop training
- Must ensure employees deliver excellent customer service to our
- Encourage a viable team-oriented working environment through
- Ensure that the store is properly staffed at all times.
- Must supervise employees.
- Conduct periodic performance reviews for the purpose of
assessing employee performance. When necessary, must also
administer disciplinary action in accordance with company
- Ensure that the store complies with all federal/state
regulations and company policies including, but not limited to:
ADA, EEOC, Workers Compensation - Wage & Hour, Sexual Harassment,
- Maintaining the store's appropriate inventory levels to ensure
that it meets customer needs and is aligned with budget.
- Control inventory losses through proper controls and
- Control expenses.
- Ensure that the store is properly opened and closed in
accordance with company policy.
- Complete all paperwork reports in a timely and accurate
- To maintain merchandising standards established by JC Licht
Senior Management Team including window displays, sales floor
displays, promotional displays etc.
- To actively participate in store activities including unloading
of trucks, stocking shelves, carrying merchandise out for the
customer, having the ability to lift a determined weight of
merchandise and delivering paint when needed.Financial
Management:Monitoring accounts payable, accounts receivable and
banking procedures. Resolve problems as necessary.Understand and
utilize various business reports to identify sales, gross margin,
and expense control opportunities.Maintain a complete understanding
of the company's purchasing policies and procedures.Customer Focus:
- Resolve customer issues in a proper and efficient manner.
- Assist all customers in a professional and timely manner upon
them entering the retail store.
- Answer customer telephone calls promptly and in an appropriate
manner per company guidelines
- Provide knowledgeable assistance to customers with all product
lines and services offered by the retail store.
- Ensure that the physical appearance of the store is maintained
and that all equipment is in excellent working condition.
- To suggestively sell additional merchandise to the customer
assisting the customer in completing their projects.
- Present a professional, neat appearance, maintain a good
attendance record and arrive to work at the scheduled time.Account
- Provide support in the development of new accounts and increase
sales of current accounts through a targeted sales initiative.
- Ensure that commercial accounts are properly set up and
- Assist with outside sales calls when necessary.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures outlined in the
JC Licht Employee Handbook.Requires a two or four year college
degree or equivalent work experience.Effective financial planning
and management skills.Strong interpersonal communication
skills.Minimum of 2 years retail experience, preferably industry
related.Background in inside sales.Job involves a wide variety of
tasks including bending, lifting, and sitting. Individual must be
able to lift at least 50 pounds.Individual will usually be required
to work a minimum of 50 hours per week.. Requirements:
- Requires a two or four year college degree or equivalent work
- Effective financial planning and management skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Minimum of 2 years retail experience, preferably industry
related. Background in inside sales a plus.
- Job involves a wide variety of tasks including bending,
lifting, and sitting.
- Individual must be able to lift at least 50 pounds. Individual
will usually be required to work a minimum of 50 hours per
Keywords: JC LICHT LLC, Orland Park , Assistant Manager in Training, Executive , Orland Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!