Assistant Store Manager (Orland Park)
Location: Orland Park
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We
drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and
online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a
variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career
opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We
are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks
to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and
services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share
in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries
and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want
you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.Job SummaryResponsible
for the daily operations of a location and delivering a best in
class experience for the store team and for customers. Provide
leadership, guidance, coaching and motivation to the retail sales
team in order to deliver a superior customer experience and achieve
desired sales results. Promote and maintain a performance-based
culture, where employees are inspired to do their best and act as a
mentor to foster employee professional development. Collaborate
with other store leaders and staff within and outside the
functional team to create synergies and to ensure processes are
efficient and operational goals are met. Maintain a store
environment that aligns with established planograms and ensure that
current branding collateral is visible and functional. Ensure that
all inventory requirements are carried out effectively, including
stocking, returning and organizing and securing. Demonstrate
advanced knowledge of company products and services, as well as
best practices as they relate to sales processes, store schedules
and customer engagement.Job DescriptionCore Responsibilities
- Achieves all sales and service metrics through daily
supervision, coaching and consistent performance-management (e.g.,
discipline) of retail sales team.
- Proactively coaches and develops store team to perform their
responsibilities at a high level.
- Provides on-boarding support, observes and provides feedback to
new hires to ensure they are on-track with their training
curriculum and able to provide an exceptional customer
- Ensures store environment consistently follows published
planograms and branding standards and that all customer demos are
fully functional at all times.
- In cooperation with store manager, oversees all daily sales
floor responsibilities, including proper and efficient staffing and
scheduling, dress code compliance, sales huddles and resolution of
- Passionately drives store operations consistency with detailed
orientation to back of house standards and showroom floor processes
and procedures. Evaluates current processes, procedures and overall
efforts for improvement and innovation.
- Drives operational excellence with particular focus on
inventory management. Leads store inventory cycle counts ensuring
the timeliness and compliance with store, channel and company
- Reviews store reports looking for improvement opportunities in
the areas of sales, inventory, cash handling, productivity and net
promoter system (NPS).
- Coaches team members on how to position all products with
- Ensures that customers and prospective customers are treated
with the highest levels of courtesy and professionalism.
- Remains current on new and current products and services,
industry and competitive trends and reinforces findings with the
- Administers cash handling policies and procedures.
- Leverages available tools to monitor customer feedback, coach
and take action to improve the store experience.
- Is well-versed in sales compensation plans and addresses team
- Builds collaborative relationships with market and region
stakeholders including the operations manager.
- Must be able to carry and lift up to 25 pound boxes, stand and
move about the store constantly.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Employees at all
levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We
will consider all qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or
any other basis protected by applicable law.EducationBachelor's
DegreeWhile possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also
may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and
experience, or who have extensive related professional
experience.Relevant Work Experience5-7 YearsBase pay is one part of
the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize
employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a
Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most
non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast
provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should
connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and
should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we
provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools,
that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help
support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big
milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation
and benefits summary
(https://jobs.comcast.com/life-at-comcast/benefits) on our careers
site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Orland Park , Assistant Store Manager (Orland Park), Executive , Orland Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!