Assistant Store Manager - Golf Galaxy
Company: Golf Galaxy
Location: Orland Park
Posted on: January 15, 2023
DescriptionGolf Galaxy is seeking a specialty Retail Assistant
Store Manager of Operations! On our team, everyone plays a critical
role providing genuine, helpful and friendly service to help our
athletes perform at their best and enjoy their sport. We’re
committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce,
reflecting the communities we serve. This role is an opportunity to
make a difference and join the world’s greatest sports team A
division of DICK’S Sporting Goods, Golf Galaxy’s merchandising
strategy offers a comprehensive selection of competitively priced
brand name golf equipment, accessories, apparel, golf services, and
golf instruction by on-staff certified PGA/LPGA professionals.
Management of the Operational functions in the store, including
freight flow, front end, cash office, pricing accuracy, and
Omni-channel fulfillment (Ship from Store & Buy online/Pick Up in
Store). Maximizing store profitability through operational
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Directly manages teammates assigned to the Operational
Departments (i.e., Front End, Freight and Operations) and has a
dotted line responsibility for managing associates in other areas
of the store when serving as Head Coach.
- Holds teammates accountable for meeting established operational
guidelines, brand standards, customer service expectations and
company policies. Works closely with teammates to identify
capabilities and readiness for new roles.
- Ensures the Operations Departments meet all operational
standards including, but not limited to:
- Scan & Activate, SIM compliance, claims compliance, SFS/BOPIS
fulfillment, speed of checkout, supply ordering, known theft log,
stockroom organization standards, cash handling, LP audits,
- Ensures compliance with all company operational processes
including but not limited to: cash handling procedures and safety
requirements as well as conducting LP audits as required. May
function as the store "Shrink Coach."
- Ensures compliance with all company involved Loss Prevention
- Responsible for monitoring email and TEAM to make sure
communication is disseminated efficiently and that TEAM tasks are
communicated and properly executed on time.
- Responsible for execution of the back office procedures
including, but not limited to: managing applicant flow, processing
pre-hire/new-hire paperwork, ensuring I-9 compliance, processing
background checks, processing terminations and final paycheck
requests, processing personnel changes, preparing associate
corrective actions, facilitating payroll/timekeeping changes,
maintaining personnel files, attendance tracking and all state
required personnel paperwork.
- Responsible for interviewing and making recommendations for
hiring hourly teammates for the Operations department. This
includes reviewing job applications to determine job fit and using
established interview guides to ensure that teammates hired can
meet the sales and operational aspects of their role.
- Ensures that the team is onboarded and trained
- Responsible for handling teammate discipline (including issuing
corrective action), appraisals, and performance matters.
- Responsible for making recommendations with respect to the
termination and advancement of teammates
- Responsible for driving the customer experience at the Front
End by ensuring teammates are engaging every athlete. This includes
the training and development of associates through motivational and
- Responsible for managing payroll to meet budget. This includes
effectively scheduling teammates based on customer traffic as well
as regularly analyzing sales through reports and reacting
accordingly. All Teammates are required to adhere to all safety
policies and procedures. Additionally, as business needs arise,
other tasks may become necessary.
- 1-3 years retail management experience required; golf
sales/service and/or apparel preferred
- Golf participation/enthusiasm preferred but not required
- World-class customer service skill and
- Strong people managment skills and an ability to develop
- Ability to drive and manage team projects
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Flexible availability – including nights, weekend, and holidays
DICK’S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to
Inclusion and Diversity.
Keywords: Golf Galaxy, Orland Park , Assistant Store Manager - Golf Galaxy, Executive , Orland Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!