Company: The Autism Therapy Group
Location: Orland Park
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Everything we do is focused on a single goal: making a difference
in childrens lives.
Join our team to enjoy competitive compensation ($17-$19), free RBT
training, mentorship programs and a detailed Career Roadmap to
support your growth with ATG.
**NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED, **FREE RBT TRAINING**
ATG is looking for a dedicated and compassionate behavioral
technician to join our team and provide Applied Behavior Analysis
(ABA) services to children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Behavior
technicians are responsible for assisting behavior analysts to
implement behavior reduction and skill acquisition treatment plans.
The candidate will assist patients with day to day activities,
monitor their behavior, record and collect data on patients'
progress, and communicate with clients. Other duties may include
clerical and administrative duties.
To be successful in this role, you will display a compassionate
nature, empathy and discretion in your work. You should have
excellent communication and time management skills, and be able to
develop and maintain relationships with clients, supervisors and
colleagues. Prior experience in a behavioral health setting is
A fully trained RBT therapist can receive, on average, 10-20
hours/week with each session lasting 2 - 4 hours.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Provide direct care to clients in a one-on-one or group therapy
setting to implement skill acquisition and behavior reduction
treatments as directed by the supervisor.
- Collect and record data on patient behavior.
- Collaborate, communicate and assist with the training of
clients, parents and staff.
- Provide a safe and supportive environment for patients and
- Carry out clinical assessments and other administrative
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Attend training to acquire further knowledge.
Please click here to watch a video that shows a typical session
between a Behavioral Therapist and client:
- Certificate, Bachelors or Associates Degree in a behavioral
health or related field (preferred).
- Obtain RBT Certification within the first 45-days of employment
- all costs and supervision for this certification are paid by
- Additional certification may be required - all costs will be
paid by ATG.
- Relevant experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills.
- Reliable vehicle, valid drivers license and proof of auto
Essential Job Functions
- Able to provide consistent attention and care for the client,
up to 4 hour long sessions
- Ability to sustain long periods of sitting or standing
- Excellent communications skills to effectively interact with
- Ability to bend, squat, lift, and lower a minimum of 20 pounds
(must be able to lift and carry clients)
- Must be able to have flexible scheduling
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: The Autism Therapy Group, Orland Park , Behavioral Therapist, Healthcare , Orland Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!