Restorative Nurse (CSS)
Company: Alden Estates of Orland Park
Location: Orland Park
Posted on: May 16, 2022
- Responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring and
supervision of the restorative nursing program for the facility.
Acts as the liaison between formalized therapy and nursing.
Promotes a restorative nursing philosophy among all facility
departments and work closely with the Ladies and Gentlemen of Alden
to ensure the restorative plan of care is being followed thereby,
promoting customers to their highest level of function.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as an
RN or an LPN in the state of Illinois.
- Must be restorative certified by an accredited school or
recognized accrediting agency.
- Must possess current CPR certification or become certified
within two weeks of employment.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in
an understandable manner.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress of the
- Must function independently, have flexibility, person
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the customer,
family members, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be in good health and demonstrate emotional stability
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled,
elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move equipment, supplies,
customer in excess of 50 pounds throughout the day.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc., including exposure to the (HIV) AIDS and
Hepatitis B viruses.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct
restorative care services, as well as its programs and activities,
in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that
govern nursing care facilities.
- Maintains a current list of customer's participating in a
restorative program on each unit. For each unit, these lists will
be specific as to ambulation, ROM, ADL, assistive feeding devices,
splints, hand cones/contracture care, bladder retraining, falling
star or other restorative program details.
- Sets up documentation flow sheets/and or electronic medical
record system for daily documentation of restorative nursing
measures for each customer on the program.
- Makes a quarterly progress note. Ensures all restorative care
notes are informative and descriptive of the treatment provided and
of the customer's response to the care.
- Oversees all restorative nursing measures are reflected on the
care plan as an approach to the problem or need for which they are
- Oversees that customers get formalized therapy, as indicated,
and that the necessary assistive feeding and/or ADL devices are
obtained as recommended.
- Works with Nursing and Dietary to see that these assistive
devices are consistently available and that they are addressed on
the care plan.
- Works closely with Therapy department. Sees that specific
recommendations, when discharged from therapy are carried
- Performs or oversees functional assessments on admission and
quarterly as indicated. Consults with nurses in making
recommendations for restorative plan of care. Works with nurses in
developing restorative plan of care.
- Oversees customer ADL performance on the units.
- Oversees C.N.A.'s documentation on ADL's (ensuring compliance
- Oversees incontinent management programs.
- Attends care planning conferences and makes
- Completes sections of MDS and the Care Area Assessment (CAA)
Summary as indicated. Reports on progress of restorative nursing
- Keeps track of accomplishments (number of customers on bladder
retraining/ month, number of customers increased function, etc.) in
a formalized, simple report each quarter.
- Works with the Ladies and Gentlemen of Alden in developing
tools appropriate to perform QI audits. Participates in QI audits
for restorative nursing. Reviews monthly and quarterly quality
indicator/measure lists and utilizes this information to problem
- Develops and implements innovative and creative ways to keep
staff. Focused and enthused about restorative nursing.
- Sees that equipment and supplies are available and that they
are in good working order.
- Problem solves with the Ladies and Gentlemen of Alden in
regards to issues in providing restorative nursing care.
- The restorative nurse assures quality care, customer's rights,
dignity, abuse prohibition and customer service is focused on
- Actively participates or oversees physical restraint reduction
programs and fall management programs.
- Orient /educate new Ladies and Gentlemen of Alden relative to
roles, responsibilities, principles, and practices of restorative
- All other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Alden Estates of Orland Park, Orland Park , Restorative Nurse (CSS), Healthcare , Orland Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!