Company: The University of Chicago Medicine
Location: Orland Park
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Job DescriptionBe a part of a world-class academic healthcare
system at UChicago Medicine as a Medical Assistant with our
Orthopedic clinic at our Orland Park location. In this role you
will partner with the rest of the clinical team to provide patients
the highest quality of care. - -Up to $900 in Sign-On Bonus
Available! -In this role, a Medical Assistant is an employee who
performs a wide variety of patient care services under the direct
supervision of a registered nurse, advanced practice nurse (APN) or
physician. Such services can involve therapeutic and/or diagnostic
procedures. -Essential Job Functions:
- Know and practice the University of Chicago Medical Centers
Pride Values and Patient Centered Care Definition and
- Perform any or all duties involving direct patient care as
assigned by the registered nurse or physician and within the scope
of the Nursing policies and procedures.
- Appropriately implement and document patient and family
education as delegated by the RN or physician.
- Obtain and record vital signs.
- Perform tests, i.e. pregnancy tests, urinalysis, and hemocults,
etc., specific to the patient population.
- Document all aspects of patient care according to hospital
policies and procedures.
- Perform phlebotomy services.
- Assist with collection of specimens. Perform labeling and
logging of specimens in compliance with hospital standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned. -Required Qualifications: -
- A completed High School diploma or equivalent from an
- A current certificate of cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Must have phlebotomy experience
- Experience working in a community health setting
- Completion of a certified/registered program for medical
assistants that is recognized by the American Heart Association or
American Red Cross
- Casting and orthopedic experience -Preferred Qualifications: -
- Considerable skill in communicating verbally, in determining
priorities and in organizing work; ability to maintain an
organized, alphabetized filing system
- General working knowledge of PC. Excel, Microsoft Word for
windows, OASIS and EPIC
- Computerized appointment scheduling experience
- Ability to handle stress in a fast-paced environment
- Considerable skill in handling sensitive public contacts with
discretion, tact and courtesy when dealing with patients,
coworkers, and physicians
- Physical ability to perform stocking, lifting, and transporting
supplies and instruments -Position Details:
- Job Type/FTE: Part-Time (0.6 FTE)
- Shift: Days 8 hour shift
- Unit/Department: Orthopedics
- CBA Code: Non-Union -Must comply with UCMCs COVID-19
Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have
already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of
the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance
with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious
exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law.
Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background
check are also required for all employees prior to hire.Why Join
UsWeve been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide
superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each
patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need
employees with passion, talent and commitment with patients and
with each other. Were in this together: working to advance medical
innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our
collective knowledge forward. If youd like to add enriching human
life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for
you. Here at the forefront, were doing work that really matters.
Join us. Bring your passion.________Bring your career to the next
level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to
employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take
advantage of all we have to offer and
#BringYourPassiontotheForefront.University of Chicago Medicine is
growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of
excellence at: -www.uchospitals.edu/jobs - -The University of
Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. - We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally
Keywords: The University of Chicago Medicine, Orland Park , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Orland Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!