RN, Allergy - Med Surg
Company: Dupage Medical Group
Location: Orland Park
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Good enough isn't for us. Duly Health and Care's team members show
up every day driven to exceed expectations. We challenge
assumptions and invite dissent to accomplish bold goals and unleash
the most extraordinary work of your career. We see and support the
remarkable in every person within and beyond the walls of our
Duly Health and Care works to understand what matters most to you.
We recruit and retain team members who share a relentless passion
and pride for helping others live happier and healthier lives. We
invest in helping our team members develop their talents in a way
that is rich in personal meaning. We invite you to join us, fulfill
your purpose and make your mark!
Are you ready to challenge the expected to deliver the
Under general supervision, provides high quality support to
physicians in meeting the medical needs of the patient.
The Journeys and Adventures that Await
* Escorts patients to and from exam rooms and readies them for
physicians; takes vital signs, records medical history/symptoms,
ensures medical chart/lab test results are available and
* Performs telephone triage, patient education, handling of
physician phone calls, pharmacy calls; may assist by calling to set
up appointments or arrange hospital tests or admissions.
* Administers immunizations and minor treatments as prescribed;
records and documents all such activities in the chart.
* Assists physician with procedures as necessary.
* Cleans and stocks all patient examination rooms; cleans and
prepares instruments for procedures; keeps list of needed medical
* Completes paperwork such as ordering lab tests, x-rays,
school/work notes, etc.
* Clean and sterilize equipment; check and restock medication
cabinet as necessary.
* Respond to patient questions and concerns as liaison between
physician and patient.
* Reports all test results to the patient as directed by the
* Performs OSHA controls as required. Assist in performing narcotic
* Performs other projects and duties as related to department
* Must be able to get along with others, to be a team player, to
accept constructive criticism from your supervisor and be able to
follow work rules.
* Utilizes current nursing practices to provide patient care while
focusing on the needs of the patient and exemplifying service
excellence, care, concern, respect and cooperation. As a member of
a health care team, functions in the role of patient advocate by
being in the position of initial contact for patient-related
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Must be available to work various hours Monday- Friday between 7
am - 730pm. Some Saturday rotations between 730-12 pm. Some
floating is necessary for our other Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
Hybrid Triage/Prior Authorizations for Biologics role to
Scheduling Specialty testing (oral, food, patch, venom, drug,
treadmill challenge, etc, Palforzia)
The Experiences You Bring
* Current IL RN licensure
* Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program
* Current CPR certification
* Prefer a minimum of one year of professional nursing experience
in a clinical or hospital setting but may consider new grad under
Keywords: Dupage Medical Group, Orland Park , RN, Allergy - Med Surg, Healthcare , Orland Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!