Nurse Associate - Med Surg
Company: University of Chicago Medical Center
Location: Orland Park
Posted on: March 11, 2023
Nurse AssociateJob Description
Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago Medicine as a Nurse Associate with our Mulit-Specialty clinic at Orland Park. In this role you will partner with the rest of the clinical team to provide patients the highest quality of care.
Up to $5,000 Sign On Bonus Available!
In this role, the Nurse Associate (RN) is responsible for coordinating diagnostic and therapeutic regimens for a specified group of patients, and maintains cohesiveness between clinical research, physicians, and patients. The Nurse Associate coordinates physician activities with referring physicians, nursing staff, hospital administration, ancillary services, support services, insurance companies and other departments/sections and agencies as needed, and assists the physician with a wide range of activities necessary to manage clinical research programs. In addition, the Nurse Associate functions as a liaison between physicians, patients, and families, assists physicians with bedside procedures, and provides patient care in the clinic with the physician as necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
* Conducts, responds to, follow up on, and triages patient phone calls to the physician as appropriate
* Assists physician in clinic or procedure area with patient examinations, diagnostic tests and/or
* therapeutic procedures. Continuously monitors vital signs of patients under conscious sedation throughout procedure
* Counsels patients concerning lifestyle modifications, medication regimens, side effects, and
* interactions using an appropriate psychosocial communication level
* Communicates to clinics coordinators follow-up appointments, ancillary and/or pre-operative testing and scheduling needed for patient
* Arranges patient admissions; coordinates ordering of tests/procedures with fellows, attendings, and other nursing staff
* Assists physicians in coordination of research programs by screening patients for acceptance into clinical research and outcome programs. Maintains office file notes, reviews charts, enters data for sectional demographic data base, assists in summarization and analysis of data
* Must have experience working in a community health setting
* A Bachelor's degree in Nursing
* Must be an actively licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois
* Must have a minimum of two years' experience working as an RN
* Job Type/FTE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
* Shift: Days - 8 hour shift
* Unit/Department: Multi-Specialty
* CBA Code: NNU
Must comply with UCMC's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Why Join Us
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment--- with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual ori
Nurse AssociateJob Description
Keywords: University of Chicago Medical Center, Orland Park , Nurse Associate - Med Surg, Healthcare , Orland Park, Illinois
here to apply!