Restaurant Executive Chef/Kitchen Leader
Company: Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
Location: Orland Park
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Like most great ideas,Rock Bottomstarted out as a simple
thought: create the best place for friends to share a beer and a
bite. Fast forward twenty plus years and you will find Rock Bottom
in over 25 locations across the US, over 700 original brews and
more than 125 industry awards.The Rock Bottom vision starts with a
great team. We help our restaurants see this vision by empowering
our people to take care of their Guests, while having fun and
producing a made-from-scratch product.NOW HIRING:RESTAURANT
EXECUTIVE CHEF/KITCHEN LEADEREssential Duties and
- Ensure food items are prepared according to our standards of
quality, consistency and timelines, and Guest specifications.
- Interview, hire, train, evaluate, and coach kitchen Team
Members as appropriate.
- Daily food audits through checking flavor, appearance,
consistency, and temperature.
- Schedule kitchen Team Members in conjunction with business
forecasts and predetermined budget on a weekly basis, establish and
delegate work duties in each kitchen area daily.
- Control food cost by establishing purchasing specifications,
weekly inventory through CTuit, Inventory Control Systems, product
storage requirements, standardization recipes and waste control
- Work closely and communicate regularly with BOH & FOH Team
Members to complete time sensitive tasks.
- Partner with corporate Culinary and Marketing department to
successfully roll out menu changes and marketing initiatives.
- Continuously coach and develop Sous Chef through weekly
one-on-ones with General Manager and assist with
writing/administering performance reviews on a bi-annual
- Attend and participate in weekly manager meetings and
communicate Team Member issues/complaints to management team in
manager meetings and/or by utilizing the digital manager log.
- Other duties as assigned by Regional Management, General
Manager or Operations Leadership.Education & Experience:
- 5-8+years of restaurant culinary experience
- At least 3+ years of Sous Chef experience or one year of Chef
Experience in another concept.
- Culinary degree or equivalent preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- A valid driver's license is a requirement for this
- Food service management certification or equivalent
- Successful completion of alcohol and food certification
(ServSafe) and/or other required classes by state within 60 days of
- Successful completion of the Manager in Training program often
at store or nearby location.We are an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify
EmployerRock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery (RB) is a well
established, full service restaurant concept that has growth
opportunities for team members in a full service casual dining
restaurnat company. At RockBottom you can grow your career with us.
In this EC role, you will manage restaurant back of house/kitchen
teams along with working as a member of the restaurant management
team. EKM, Kitchen Manager, Chef de Cuisine experience is preferred
in this Heart of House role.
Keywords: Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery, Orland Park , Restaurant Executive Chef/Kitchen Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , Orland Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!