Community Donation Manager
Company: Savers / Value Village
Location: Orland Park
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job title: Community Donation ManagerWho we are:Savers Value
Village is a for-profit global retailer that has become a
neighborhood home to millions of thrifters across the U.S., Canada
and Australia. We got our start nearly 70 years ago with a
commitment to reuse, and today, our mission is to champion reuse
and inspire a future where shopping secondhand is second nature. We
acquire the secondhand merchandise we sell in our stores from our
non-profit partners, providing them with critical funding to
support their missions. Over the last 5 years, we have paid our
non-profit partners more than $615 million for gently-used,
secondhand items dropped off at our stores. As a leader in reuse,
we diverted nearly 600 million pounds of goods from landfills last
year alone, extending the life of those reusable items. We are also
committed to recognizing the uniqueness of each of our team members
and customers and to building a community where everyone can feel
welcome.We care about your whole health and well-being. Our
benefits offerings include:
- Bundled health plans such as medical, Rx, dental and
- Company-paid life insurance for extra protection and peace of
- Programs to stop smoking, diabetes management coaching, and on
demand care options.
- A 401k plan with generous company matching contributions to
assist you in saving for a secure financial future.
- Paid time off from work for leisure or other hobbies.
- A range of mental health services to assist you in managing
daily life.Job Summary:The Community Donation Manager leads a team
of Community Donation Center (CDC) Ambassadors to make their Savers
store the donation center of choice. They are responsible for
promoting brand awareness in their community and developing
relationships with and inspiring local organizations to partner
with Savers.Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- High School diploma. Post- Secondary degree/diploma
- Personal Vehicle and a Valid Drivers LicenseEssential Job
Functions:Operations -- Ensures an Exceptional Donor Experience at
the Store Community Donation Center
- Lead a team of CDC Ambassadors ensure exceptional service and
communication of nonprofit partnerships is provided to all donors
at the CDC, encouraging them to return.
- Ensures CDC is organized, clean, safe and welcoming; ensures
donation flow, storage and staging are always maintained.
- Engages with customers and donors to actively promote Savers
brand in the store
- Coordinates FunDrive events with production/CDC teams and
Sourcing managers, and if appropriate, provides logistic
- Partners with the store manager to coordinate incoming supply
from all supply sources.
- Partners with Production Manager to help facilitate a
manageable supply flow.
- Ensures donations are accurately weighed by classification and
- Performs the duties of the CDC Ambassador as required.
- Plans, tracks, and measures donation goals and
- Directs and oversees a team of CDC Ambassadors.
- Plans staffing needs; recruits, selects, and trains new CDC
- Schedules CDC Ambassadors appropriately, ensuring coverage is
aligned with expected volume, donor traffic and FunDrives.
- Develops a culture of genuine appreciation for donors and
donations at the CDC by ensuring Ambassadors are providing fast,
friendly, respectful service, consistently and positively
representing the stores nonprofit partner, and demonstrating the
companys brand and values.
- Observes and coaches team members on the job to ensure
understanding of and ability to share stories around the impact of
our non-profit partnership.
- Provides regular observation of, interaction with, and coaching
and counseling ofCDC Ambassadors to ensure expectations of their
job description are met.Promotes Brand Within the Community
- Educates all team members in the store on Savers brand,
empowering them to share stories about the business model to
customers and the community.
- Drives company promotions and other permitted grassroots
efforts inside and outside the store that create community
awareness of the CDC, the company brand, and the benefits of
donating to Savers.Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry products weighing
less than 5 lbs. Will occasionally need to lift and carry products
weighing up to 50 lbs. Occasional pushing and pulling of
racks/carts weighing 50 to 250 pounds using 4 10 lbs. of
- Continuous standing, frequent walking, stooping, bending and
twisting and occasional kneeling needed to handle &/or inspect
merchandise, validate work processes, train/coach/counsel the team,
- Some exposure to hazardous machinery, solvents (cleaners,
detergents), continuously exposed to dust and frequently exposed to
- Will need to adjust work schedule to the needs of the business,
including working some nights, weekends, holidays.Travel: 5% Travel
time required. May sometimes be required to drive to the bank to
make deposits and will periodically need to drive to meetings or
other stores for business purposes.15625 94th Avenue Orland Park,
Keywords: Savers / Value Village, Orland Park , Community Donation Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Orland Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!