PwC Technology - Cloud Ops Support
Location: Orland Park
Posted on: February 23, 2021
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm
Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core
business functions by deploying applications that enable our people
to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service
to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and
implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing
and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within
PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive
advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our
Operations Support team monitors the overall quality of our
service. As a part of the team, you'll be the primary contact for
ensuring the quality of our services is maintained while also
considering better ways to provide the same service in a more cost
efficient manner and keeping customer satisfaction with our
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly
changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a
purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us
achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership
development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations
across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides
transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful
and progress in our careers, now and in the future.As a Senior
Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers,
helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to
execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this
management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal
strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching
them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights
from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation
and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different
situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when
influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
This team has a broad knowledge of the business functions to
resolve critical and strategic business technology challenges.
Delivery of support will be provided through a combination of
staff, contractors and vendor managed service agreements. This team
is responsible for adherence to Service Level Agreements for Level
2 and 3 application support services regardless of delivery
source.Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
2 year(s) of progressive roles managing IT operations quality
control, process improvement, and compliance.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Preferred Knowledge/Skills:Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a
proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:
- Troubleshooting issues across multiple layers including
application servers, databases, network/firewall, or end user;
- Generating reports using custom database queries for use by the
- Overseeing the rollout of a new version of an application in
Stage and Production environments;
- Consolidating common requests or reports into scripts and
queries which can be used by other support team members or end
- Monitoring server reports and application logs for trending
issues that may be symptomatic of larger incidents;
- Communicating with Service Management, DBA, and dev teams to
related to new processes and procedures;
- Composing and maintaining application knowledge bases for
- Configuring servers to host new applications;
- Creating IP addresses, firewall rules, OpenAM, SNOW
configuration items and related tasks;
- Monitoring, maintaining, and testing system availability for
business continuity; and,
- Providing operational support which includes quality control,
access provisioning, patching assistance, deployment assistance,
and application support.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national
origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity
or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran,
marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by
law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified
candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner
consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information
related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: .
Keywords: PwC, Orland Park , PwC Technology - Cloud Ops Support, IT / Software / Systems , Orland Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!