RN Staff Nurse- Family Practice
Company: Dupage Medical Group
Location: Orland Park
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under general supervision, provides high quality support to
physicians in meeting the medical needs of the patient.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Escorts patients to and from exam rooms and readies them for
physicians; takes vital signs, records medical history/symptoms,
ensures medical chart/lab test results are available and
- Performs telephone triage, patient education, handling of
physician phone calls, pharmacy calls; may assist by calling to set
up appointments or arrange hospital tests or admissions.
- Administers immunizations and minor treatments as prescribed;
records and documents all such activities in the chart.
- Assists physician with procedures as necessary.
- Cleans and stocks all patient examination rooms; cleans and
prepares instruments for procedures; keeps list of needed medical
- Completes paperwork such as ordering lab tests, x-rays,
school/work notes, etc.
- Clean and sterilize equipment; check and restock medication
cabinet as necessary.
- Respond to patient questions and concerns as liaison between
physician and patient.
- Reports all test results to the patient as directed by the
- Performs OSHA controls as required. Assist in performing
- Performs other projects and duties as related to department
- Must be able to get along with others, to be a team player, to
accept constructive criticism from your supervisor and be able to
follow work rules.
- Utilizes current nursing practices to provide patient care
while focusing on the needs of the patient and exemplifying service
excellence, care, concern, respect and cooperation. As a member of
a health care team, functions in the role of patient advocate by
being in the position of initial contact for patient-related
- Additional duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactory. Organizational skills are
essential to prioritize daily work. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Interpersonal Skills: Conveys a warm, caring, and approachable
demeanor. Displays unconditional respect toward others. Able to
sense others feelings and perspectives.
- Service Orientation: Ability to anticipate, recognize, and meet
the needs of patients and their families.
- Oral Communication: Listens openly and clearly conveys messages
- Written Communication and Comprehension: Writes clearly using
appropriate grammar, symbols, and medical terminology. Able to
decipher and comprehend documentation of others.
- Team Work: Works effectively with others to accomplish
objectives and goals. Offers assistance to others in need.
- Multi-tasking: Able to properly perform multiple duties at
- Resilience: Effectively manages stress in a fast-paced
- Leadership: Appropriately optimistic and inspiring. Influencing
others to act on their own behalf or for the broader good of the
- Age and Cultural Specific Care: Able to adjust treatment,
instruction, and education to meet the patient's age and cultural
EDUCATION and / or CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE:
- Current IL RN licensure in nursing. Graduate of an accredited
- Knowledge of nursing skills in accordance with nursing
standards in the Nurse Practice Act.
- Knowledge of OSHA and HIPAA
- Prefer a minimum of one year of professional nursing experience
in a clinical or hospital setting but may consider new grad under
ABOUT DUPAGE MEDICAL GROUP
Join one of the fastest-growing healthcare teams in Chicagoland
and experience what superior care and innovation is all about.
DuPage Medical Group is the largest independent, multi-specialty
physician group in the state, providing physician-directed
healthcare focused on quality, efficiency and access. Our team is
comprised of more than 600 experienced physicians and 4,000 dynamic
individuals who work collaboratively to transform healthcare for
the thousands of patients we serve each day. We seek candidates who
can help fulfill our mission to enhance the well-being of the
patients we serve by providing the highest quality medical care
Keywords: Dupage Medical Group, Orland Park , RN Staff Nurse- Family Practice, Other , Orland Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!