Location: Orland Park
Posted on: June 5, 2021
Panduit is always looking for talented, motivated people who
have the skills needed to provide solutions to our customers. We
value team players who in their jobs can help us build a better
Panduit and continually deliver value to our global customers.
Panduit is looking for a Toolmaker to support their die maintenance
team. The hours for this position will be 3pm-11pm.
Why work for Panduit?
What does it take to work for Panduit?
- You'll work with great people who are committed and passionate
about what they do.
- We're a strong, growing, global company and looking for people
that want to be a part of that growth.
- Our people are empowered to think differently and make an
- You'll do interesting work that will challenge you and allow
you to develop further.
- We believe in fostering our internal talent.
Required Degree: High School Diploma
Preferred Degree: Trade School
- Computer skills
- Basic math functions
- Ability to read procedures and work instructions.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and to work
productively with engineering, production and toolroom employees.
Must be able to perform the following tasks upon completion of
- Assemble and disassemble production machinery and tooling
- Bench work operations of division
- Understanding of metal attachment
- Precision Grinding using manual and automatic grinding
- Call up and verify CAD
- Ability to input, retrieve and transmit data from a PC or
workstation for up to 9 hours per day
- Lifting up to 50 pounds 1-5 times per day
- Frequent standing and walking for up to 9 hours per day
- Ability to differentiate between colors
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, meet deadlines and
exhibit flexibility in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must be able to work any assigned shift and extra hours as
- Must be able to use inspection equipment (scales, calipers,
micrometers) to an appropriate degree of accuracy.
- Must be able to use the following equipment to an
appropriate degree of accuracy:
- 0.0001 indicator
- Center punch set
- General hand tools
- Drift pin set
- 12 inch combination set
- Universal surface gage
- Precision steel square
- Depth micrometer 0-3
- Must be willing to acquire the following tools in order to
perform assigned job tasks:
- All tools from previous levels
- Precision grinding vise
- Precision angle plate
- CNC Milling
- Wire EDM
- Die Sink EDM
- Manual or CNC Jig Grinding
- Adv. Assembly & Maintenance Skills (Mold, Die, or
- Any CAD and CAM Programming Skill
Join our team today! If you desire the opportunity to build
a creative and exciting career within an organization positioned
for continuing growth, we'd love to chat with you.
- Support production in molding, stamping, plating, packaging
equipment, and/or assembly areas and perform preventative and
regular maintenance on production equipment (30%)
- Perform necessary equipment changeovers and tooling repairs on
multiple tools (20%)
- Make spare parts and tooling for equipment (10%)
- Assist in building molds, dies and special tooling (5%)
- Set up and run toolroom equipment making accurate details for
machines, molds, and dies (10%)
- Document all repair and modification work and operate all
manual toolroom equipment (10%)
- Participate in productivity and improvement groups (10%)
- All other duties as assigned (5%)
To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this
exciting opportunity, visit us at
We thank all those interested in joining the Panduit team; however
only those that complete the online application and meet the
minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Work Shift Evening (United States of
Keywords: Panduit, Orland Park , Toolmaker, Other , Orland Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!