Company: TGI Fridays
Location: Orland Park
Posted on: September 23, 2022
**YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18 TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION**
A TGI Fridays Server possesses a passion for service, is
knowledgeable of menu items, and is prepared to proactively
customize the dining experience to the Guests' expectations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Greets Guests with a genuine smile, builds rapport, and ensures
an enjoyable, quality dining experience.
- Looks for visual and verbal cues to identify the experience the
Guest wants and customize the service to meet those
- Promptly and accurately takes food and beverage requests from
- Ensures expedient service of food and beverages to the
- Frequently checks up on the Guests and uses visual cues to
provide silent service as appropriate.
- Learn TGIF menu and beverages, expertly recommends and upsells
- ID all Guests ordering alcoholic beverages who appear to be 40
years old or younger.
- Follows all Fridays Service Style Standards.
- Accurately rings all orders into the POS system while
simultaneously interacting with Guests when applicable.
- Practices conversational ordering by mentioning current
- Guest experience
- Exercising standards of Responsible Service of Alcohol
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Consistently fulfill the Key Responsibilities and
- Service Strength Code rating meets/exceeds company
- Guest satisfaction scores
- Meeting all key metrics outlined on the myPerformance
- Must be able to deliver plates and food and clear tables
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to hear well amongst loud background noise
- Must be dressed neatly and well groomed in company approved
uniform at all times
- Must be able to operate P.O.S. system, make change correctly
and make credit card transactions accurately
- Must be able to calmly respond to angry Guests and notify a
- Must be able to read and write notes to hearing impaired
- Must be able to read menus to sight-impaired Guests
- Must be able to verbalize menu items clearly to Guests while
taking their orders or responding to their request
- Must be able to read and write ? Must be able to stand and walk
during entire shift
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and wipe counters/tables
COMPETENCIES PASSION FOR THE GUEST - Creates a seamless Guest
experience for by being the face of the door, welcoming the Guests,
and enthusiastically meeting their needs.
- Creates a strong first impression promptly greeting
- Pays attention to details; remembers names and favorites of
- Makes a difference in the guest experience by personalizing
service to exceed guest expectations.
- Goes above and beyond to establish a personal connection with
guests to make them feel warm, welcome and appreciated.
- Makes the bar an attractive and exciting place to visit.
- Establishes a strong rapport with all Guests to create Friday's
fans and repeat business.
- Shows awareness of Guest needs and expectations; prevents
problems before they occur.
COMMUNICATION - Keeps the lines of communication positive, open and
- Communicates in an open, sincere manner to build rapport with
Guests and Team Members.
- Shares information with others to raise awareness of potential
needs and concerns.
- Keeps interaction positive and productive; avoids conveying
- Responds positively to conflict situations and works to find
- Listens carefully and attentively to others without
- Asks thoughtful questions to ensure proper understanding of the
message being conveyed.
- Contributes to pre-shift meetings by providing relevant updates
and asking appropriate questions.
FLAIR & SALESMANSHIP - Keeps it fun and keeps it real; seeks
opportunities to sell others on the whole TGI Fridays
- Demonstrates a unique, lighthearted style that is personal and
- Listens carefully to Guests' needs and suggests add-ons
- Possesses a contagious energy that translates to Guests and
- Knows TGI Fridays drinks and menu items and is able to speak
knowledgeably to make personal recommendations.
- Grows the business and expertly upsells menu items where
- Proactively looks for ways to improve the guest experience and
takes initiative to make changes as needed.
- Enthusiastically promotes the TGI Fridays brand and menu
RELIABILITY & ACCOUNTABILITY - Works hard, carefully follows
direction and established guidelines, and delivers quality
- Consistently arrives to work prepared and ready for the
- Ensures all responsibilities are fulfilled before ending
- Makes him/herself available to take on additional shifts and/or
- Sets the standard by adhering to established rules and
- Organizes his/her tasks in order of priority to ensure timely
and thorough completion.
- Admits mistakes and takes prompt action to correct them.
- Holds self and others accountable for delivering consistent
FLEXIBILITY & STRESS TOLERANCE - Knows that anything can and will
happen and is willing to mix things up anyway.
- Responds quickly to changing needs and adapts as necessary to
meet new challenges.
- Displays a positive, confident attitude for tackling new
challenges and initiatives.
- Handles multiple tasks without becoming visibly overwhelmed or
- Easily adjusts to meet changing demands and new
- Promptly anticipates and reacts to potential Guest needs and
- Dives into peak service situations with energy and ease.
- Responds calmly to problems and controls emotional
- Handles him/herself in a professional manner at all times.
TEAMWORK & COLLABORATION - Fuels an environment where everyone
pitches in and gets along.
- Recognizes the importance of working together to accomplish
- Actively promotes cooperation, respect, and acceptance of all
- Establishes positive and supportive working relationships with
all Team Members to maintain a productive environment.
- Takes on additional responsibilities to ensure proper coverage
during rush periods.
- Reaches out to Team Members when necessary to ensure timely
completion of all tasks.
- Takes advantage of opportunities to set an example for new or
inexperienced Team Members.
Offering up to $25 / hour
Server - Waiter / Waitress / Wait Staff / Steward / Stewardess /
FOH / Restaurant / Casual Dining / Customer Service / Food Industry
/ Entry Level
Keywords: TGI Fridays, Orland Park , Server, Other , Orland Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!