Company: Alden Estates of Orland Park
Location: Orland Park
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Alden Estates of Orland Park - JOB SUMMARY
- To provide assistance in all dietary functions as directed, in
accordance with current Federal, State, and local standards,
guidelines and regulations, and facility policies.
- High school education or equivalent.
- One (1) year dietary experience in a hospital, skilled nursing
facility, or other related medical facility preferred (but not
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in
an understandable manner.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents,
family members, visitors, personnel, government agencies/personnel
and the general public.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously
with other personnel.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements
of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the resident,
personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled,
emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the
- May be required to lift, push, pull, and move equipment,
supplies, etc., in excess of fifty (50) pounds throughout the
- Must be able to taste and smell food to determine quality and
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc., including exposure to the (HIV) AIDS and
Hepatitis B viruses.
- Assure that all Dietary procedures are followed in accordance
with established policies.
- Work with the supervisor/designee as necessary to implement
procedures and recommended changes as required.
- Maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, and
appearance of work areas in a clean, sanitary, and orderly
- Recommend to the supervisor the equipment and supply needs of
- Review menu extensions prior to preparation of foods.
- Assist in preparation and serve meals per schedule.
- Return clean utensils to proper storage areas.
- Wash and clean dishes and utensils as directed.
- Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry, and free of
hazardous equipment, supplies, etc.
- Assist in arranging diet cards, serving meals, and loading
trays on cart.
- Deliver food carts to designated areas.
- Remove food trays/carts from dining rooms and take to dish
- Prepare and deliver snacks as instructed.
- Prepare and serve foods that are palatable and appetizing in
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control
- Prepare food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned
menu extensions. (As appropriate).
- Prepare food in accordance with standardized recipes and
special diet orders.
- Prepare food in accordance with sanitary regulations.
- Report all accidents/incidents to the supervisor.
- Report all hazardous conditions/equipment to the supervisor
- Assists in maintaining all food and supply storage areas in a
clean and orderly manner at all times.
- Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established
- Assists in receiving and storing of incoming food, supplies,
etc. - - - as necessary.
- Attend staff meetings, and in-services etc. as
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Keywords: Alden Estates of Orland Park, Orland Park , Dietary Aide, Other , Orland Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!