Chief Engineer I, Orland Square - Full Time
Location: Orland Park
Posted on: January 12, 2022
About:Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a
reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for
fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving
back to our communities.Now is an exciting time to join Macy's. The
face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. With
endless opportunities, you can begin anywhere and go everywhere at
Macy's. Join a team of colleagues who are committed to excellence
and leadership development. We want talent like you.Job
Overview:The Chief Engineer I is responsible for maintaining the
physical structure and equipment of the building in good working
order; performing preventative maintenance and emergency,
corrective, and routine repairs on electrical, mechanical, fire and
life safety, plumbing, and HVAC equipment; maintaining effective
communication with the Chief Engineer and MCCS management;
performing other duties as needed. Supervise all Tradesmen, and
Facility Maintenance personnel including Technicians, Electricians,
Painters, and Carpenters. Perform other duties as
- Maintain HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire and life
safety systems, and associated equipment to maximize efficiency
- Perform emergency, corrective, and routine repairs of HVAC,
electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire and life safety systems, and
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and systems per the
- Maintain records of all inspections, preventive maintenance,
and repairs performed on any equipment or system to ensure
compliance with state and federal agencies, and local fire marshal
- Maintain EPA Universal Certification and knowledge of all
current legislation and requirements as they relate to EPA
- Follow shortage programs and procedures.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Perform these functions at other Macy's facilities as
- Be available to work days, evenings, nights, weekends, and as
required by emergency situations when directed by the District
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Must perform work in a safe manner in accordance with safety
- Minimum of one year related experience. Knowledge of HVAC
systems is preferred.
- EPA certification and license is preferred.
- Strong Knowledge and experience in electrical systems,
plumbing, mechanical equipment and the maintenance of this
- Must perform work is a safe manner for themselves and other
around them. No specific education background required.
- Practice open and continuous communication, values keeping
others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear,
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills,
with the ability to work across functional lines and at many
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and
company needsPhysical Demands:
- Position may require constant moving, standing for at least two
consecutive hours and ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
- Position required stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing
- May be required to reach above eye level.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and
focus adjustment.Candidates in Colorado: Click here for Pay Range
and here to learn about Benefits.Candidates in Connecticut: Click
here for Pay RangeCandidates in Nevada: Click here for Pay
Keywords: Macy's, Orland Park , Chief Engineer I, Orland Square - Full Time, Professions , Orland Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!