CDL Class A Route Driver Joliet, IL
Company: DHL Supply Chain
Location: Orland Park
Posted on: January 15, 2022
CDL Class A Tractor Trailer Drivers$50,000 - $55,000 First Year
EarningsSign on Bonus: $5,000Collection Routes Home Daily NO TOUCH
FREIGHT Joliet, IL • Monday - Friday Work • Guaranteed Minimum
Weekly Earnings • Annual Safety & Performance Incentives •
Comprehensive and Affordable Benefits (available after only 30
days) • Company Paid Holidays and Vacations The Opportunity: Our
customer is an internationally known automobile and truck
manufacturer. The positions that we are interviewing for are
collection routes. These routes are a combination of local (home
daily) and layover (overnight one or two nights per week). You may
run some weeks with no layovers (home daily) and then some weeks
you may have one layover and some weeks two layovers but you are
home on weekends either way. You depart our Joliet, facility with
an empty 53' van trailer and make multiple assigned stops at our
customers vendors. At each stop the vendor will load their product
on to your trailer. You, of course, will be responsible to secure
the load before departing to your next collection stop. You will
bring your full trailer back to the Joliet cross dock where you
will drop it in the assigned location.
- These are NO TOUCH FREIGHT collection route positions.
- This is Monday - Friday work only. No weekends.
- There is NO SLIP SEATING! Your tractor is assigned to you
alone.You will be driving late model, well maintained, sleeper
tractor (2016, or newer, Volvo) and pulling 53' trailers.Tractors
have: Refrigerators, Inverters, 6 speaker surround sound, TV
mountsHome Daily The Pay - $50,000 - $64,000 + Annually
- $1,050 Per Week Minimum Pay ($945 Guaranteed Minimum )
- You must be available to work all 5 days in the week to qualify
for the minimum.
- Pay rate is $22.76 per hour (with minimum paid).$34.14 per hour
overtime premium (after 40 hours/week)
- Annually scheduled increases.
- $5,000 Sign On Bonus Full Time Only Please Note: As of the time
of this communication all details of this job, and pay, are
reflected accurately. However, based on changes to the business
made by and/or to better serve the customer, the job details/pay
are subject to change and those changes will be communicated to job
applicants in a timely manner. Minimum Requirements Include:
- A current CDL A and at least 6 months of verifiable experience
driving a tractor/trailer.If you meet the 6 months minimum
requirement but have less than one year of experience a certificate
of completion from an accredited CDL training school is
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Have a good (not necessarily perfect) driving record:
- Ability to successfully pass the DOT drug screen as well as the
DHL Supply Chain basic road test.Successful applicants must have
the ability to maneuver safely in both urban and suburban
environments DHL Also Offers:Outstanding Affordable Benefits -
(effective after only 30 days)
- Medical - Administered by Blue Cross/Blue Shield and includes
one free physical per year.
- Dental - Administered by Met Life and includes 2 free check-ups
and cleanings per year (one includes complete X-Rays).
- Vision - Choose from either Davis Vision or VSP. Both include
one free annual vision checkup at no charge. Company Paid Benefits
- $40,000 Life Insurance Policy (double indemnity = $80,000)
- Short Term Disability Insurance Policy - Protection for up to
- Vacations - After 6 months of employment you will begin
accruing your vacation time at a rate of 80 hours (10 days) per
- Paid Holidays - You will enjoy 6 designated holidays and 3
personal holidays per year. Holidays are paid after completing 90
days of employment.
- 401K - Company Matching - No better way to save for your
retirement. If you save 4% of your weekly pay the company will
match you dollar for dollar every week. Save another 2% per week
and DHL will match you $.50 on the dollar.To make this even better
YOU OWN THE COMPANY CONTRIBUTION IMMEDIATELY. In other words, if
you save $54.00 per week DHL will contribute around $45 per week to
- Tuition Reimbursement - After one year of employment you can
take college level courses and DHL will reimburse you for most, if
not all, of your expenses.
- First Class Company Equipment - Late model and well maintained
tractors and van trailers. All are covered by a full service
- Work Life Program - Company supplemented and administered by
Optum Health.This service is a confidential, short term counseling
and education program for a wide range of personal and lifestyle
Keywords: DHL Supply Chain, Orland Park , CDL Class A Route Driver Joliet, IL, Professions , Orland Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!