Company: Scandinavian Designs - Dania Furniture
Location: Orland Park
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Sales Associate in Orland Park-!!Reports to: Store
ManagerPosition: Non-Exempt/HourlyLocation: 14830 S La Grange Road,
Orland Park, IL 60462Job Type: Full-time with hourly base pay +
Join our sales team at Scandinavian Designs - Dania Furniture as a
Sales Associate and be part of dynamic and expanding furniture
retail company. Our Sales Associates are passionate about
connecting with customers, providing meaningful solutions and
developing a network of highly satisfied customers through the
offerings of Dania Furniture and home d--cor.
If you love mid-century modern, rustic and contemporary interior
products and styles, love to have fun, sell and inspire customers,
please join us.
What You Will Do
- Create satisfied customers through honest, knowledgeable and
ethical selling practices.
- Maximize sales growth and profitability in a commission-based
- Provide excellent and wholehearted customer service with a
positive, knowledgeable and consultative approach.
- Contribute to a positive team atmosphere dedicated to the
company's mission of being recognized for the highest level of
customer and team member satisfaction.
- Become an expert in our product and services through active
self-led learning and company driven product and service
- Set energizing sales goals, always striving to improve. You
actively seek feedback and practice new habits of success.
- Sales Associates responsibilities include and not limited to:
- Process sales including cash and credit, service and refund
- Perform transactions in our sales and inventory system (POS),
complete customer orders, taking payments, and schedule delivery
dates for customers
- Greet our clients and answer our phones in a prompt, warm,
professional and polite manner
- Process all after-sale service issues with empathy and by
following company policy
- Assist in daily opening and/or closing procedures for store in
accordance with policy.
- Perform a daily review of your open invoices to ensure accuracy
and timely follow up with customers. 100% accuracy on order input
and customer comments is our goal to ensure we are managing
- Demonstrate effective de-escalation tactics when working with
angry or dissatisfied customers. Work quickly and accurately to
find resolutions when problems arise
- Keep the showroom clean, well maintained and welcoming
- Support the warehouse, store support and delivery drivers as
- Tag furniture, write service orders, answer phones and
inquiries, check inventory, assist with assemblies and other duties
- Read and respond to company communications shared on the
- Follow through on emails designated to you within the same
dayWho You Are
- 6 months to 2 years or more in sales, retail and customer
service experience encouraged.
- Excellent communication skills and professional sales
- Able to read product and transaction information.
- Associates are available to work a combination of days,
evenings and weekends.
- Schedule includes weekends, some evenings, holiday work,
inventory and other busy times.
- Able to successfully complete the pre-employment background
- Standing and walking most of the day.
- Some lifting and assisted lifting for floor displays and
merchandise settings (30 lbs.).
- Some bending, kneeling and stooping.
- Light cleaning, vacuuming and dusting.
- Working with hand tools for assemblies.
- Occasional travel to customer sites and meetings.
Education:High School diploma or equivalent, experience in customer
service, retail sales, interior design or consulting preferred and
Scandinavian Designs Furniture - Dania Furniture Offers:
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account
- 401k with employer contribution
- Work life balance - Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Fun and rewarding work
- Visually inspiring workplace
- Family-oriented team environment
- Regular schedule
- Generous merchandise discounts
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Benefits eligibility depends on scheduled hours.
A family business 50+ years in the making, with +50 furniture
showrooms and +700 employees across the U.S. in the near future,
our sister-brands (Scandinavian Designs and Dania Furniture) are a
contemporary home furnishings destination rooted in a love for
Nordic culture, modern design and quality craftsmanship. We offer
extensive product and sales training to facilitate career growth.
Our compensation includes a competitive pay program, comprehensive
health and retirement benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire
applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and
Keywords: Scandinavian Designs - Dania Furniture, Orland Park , Sales Associate, Sales , Orland Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!